The MX-5000 GPS receiver is a 12 channel parallel GPS receiver with SBAS function. Dual channel AIS receiver (Ch. 87B and Ch. 88B) simultaneously receives both Class A and Class B AIS information.
The plotter display looks like a marine radar display. North-up, course-up and range zoom from 0.125 NM to 24 NM are supported. The target list display shows all detected AIS equipped vessels and targets. The danger list display shows a list of vessels that are within 6 NM CPA (Closest Point of Approach) and 60 minutes TCPA (Time to CPA) from your vessel. You can be sort the danger list by CPA or TCPA order. When a vessel comes into range, the vessel icon blinks on the plotter display and emits a beep sound. When connected to external audio equipment installed on the deck tower, the collision alarm function will alert you even when you are away from the AIS transponder.
• 2 W output power
• Full dot-matrix display visually shows real-time vessel traffic information
• PC and other marine network equipment is not required, but can be connected
• 3 lines of NMEA0183 Input/Output
• External alarm connection to emit a collision alarm from external audio equipment on the deck or tower
• Integration with Icom VHF radios IC-M604 or IC-M504
• DSC button allows you to make a DSC individual call to a selected vessel instantly
• IC-M604/M504: Compatible new version required
• Full dot-matrix display with adjustable backlight and contrast
• IPX7 waterproof protection (up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes, except connections)
• Flush mount installation with optional MB-75
• Includes: AIS transponder, GPS receiver with 10m cable, NMEA connector cable, mounting bracket kit, and DC power cable