The Isotherm Magnum modular refrigeration system is cooled directly by the surrounding seawater and is designed for vessels where refrigeration requirements are exceptionally large, or for extended sailing in tropical waters. Seawater systems are unmatched for efficiency, offering increased cooling capacity that is independent of the air temperature inside the boat.
The Magnum utilizes an integral seawater pump to circulate the cooling water through the compressor. The pump is quiet, self-priming, and can be run dry without damage.
The Magnum system is designed for simple installation in existing top or side-loaded refrigerator boxes. It uses a Secop (fromerly Danfoss) compressor to cool an evaporator fitted in your refrigerator or deep freezer box.
Three styles of evaporator are used. O-shaped evaporators can serve as a freezer compartment but require slightly more space, Flat and L-shaped evaporators can be bent to fit.
The evaporator can be fitted in any position, and requires an installation opening of only 1-3/16" in the refrigerator wall.
The temperature is adjusted by a thermostat which also has an ON-OFF switch. These units are capable of providing temperatures down to 7°F, but any freezer compartment should be no larger than half the rated volume.
• Evaporator: O-shaped, L-shaped, or Flat
• All units come as complete pre-charged "do-it-yourself" kits
• Sea water cooling for significantly higher efficiency than comparable air cooled units (in the tropics, 30 to 50% energy savings is typical)
• Lower power consumption (amperage shown is with unit filled to one half capacity)
• Heat removed by water means less heat inside the boat
• No extra holes in hull; 1/2" water ports connect to any appropriate existing thru-hull
• Weight for all systems is 26 lb
• Dimensions for all compressors: 15.38"L x 7.88"W x 6.88"H