Well-known and popular, 1026 is an excellent general purpose wood sealer - suitable for either interior or exterior use above the waterline in preparation for paint or varnish.
The 1026 sealer stops varnish from soaking into the wood and seals the grain, thereby enabling subsequent coats of varnish or paint to dry without "high and low" spots.
This sealer is particularly recommended for sealing plywood to resist cracking and checking.
• Produces a golden gloss finish on light colored woods, like birch plywood
• Do not overcoat with 2-part varnishes or epoxies, as they are too "hot"
• Brushing thinner: INT 333; spraying thinner: INT 216
• Roll with a thin nap roller, followed by tipping with a natural bristle brush
• Theoretical coverage is 200-400 ft²/gallon depending on wood porosity; 2 or 3 coats recommended; 36% solids (vol.)