Pacifica Plus - Ablative Antifouling Paint
Copper Free Antifouling Paint Dual Biocides Biolux & Econea
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
As low as $84.77
As low as $84.77
Pacifica Plus is a copper-free antifouling paint that provides excellent seasonal protection from shell and weed fouling.
It prevents fouling by using two biocides: Biolux® zinc pyrithione to combat weed growth and slime, and Econea® which specifically targets shell fouling such as barnacles and zebra mussels.
Pacifica Plus is a fast drying, high solids paint, and has been formulated to meet the most stringent VOC regulations in the country.
Pacifica Plus can be thought of as a "value oriented" version of copper free Micron CF. It is ideal for pontoon boats, work boats, and seasonal applications that don't need the full controlled release ablative package found in the multi-season Micron CF.
For those who prefer a copper free paint, having a slow biocide depletion rate, Pacifica Plus is an alternative to the arguably more effective hard epoxy bottom paints like UltraKote for boats that spend a lot of time tied to the dock as well as slower sailboats, as these boats may not experience enough surface erosion to take full advantage of all that an ablative paint has to offer.
• Excellent suitability for high fouling areas
• As an ablative paint, service life correlates with coating thickness
• Ablative characteristic reduces paint build up and helps improve fuel efficiency
• Suitable for use on primed aluminum hulls
• Available in crisp, bright colors; compatible with most antifouling paints
• Dual biocides - zinc pyrithione (4.1%) (Biolux), and Econea (3.9%)
• Fast drying - paint and launch in one day
• Can be used in all waters, and is suitable for high speed boats
• Can be applied by brush, 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller, or spray
• Thinner: Special Thinner 216 (max. 10%)
• Theoretical coverage is 525 ft²/gallon; 2 - 3 coats recommended with additional coat along high wear areas, 3 coats on bare wood; 66% solids (vol.)
Heavy on the technical side...
Pacifica Plus can be used as an antifouling on outdrives and outboards below the waterline after cleaning with Special Thinner 216, sanding with 80 grit sandpaper, priming with 2 - 3 coats of Primacon Primer, and then applying 2 coats of Pacifica Plus. See Related Products, below.
Refer to the Pacifica Plus Technical Data Sheet for complete details and instructions.
When applying to an aluminum hull, Interlux recommends a thorough cleaning and degreasing with Solvent Wash 202, sanding with 40 to 60 grit sandpaper, priming with Interprotect 2000E thinned with Reducing Solvent 2316N (1 - 2 coats), and then applying 2 - 3 coats of Pacifica Plus.
Refer to the Pacifica Plus Data Sheet for complete details and instructions.