You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
These flexible impeller, heavy duty Utility Puppy 2000 Series pumps are rated for continuous use and make excellent bilge pumps. This is principally because of their high flow rate coupled with the ability to handle bilge debris without damage. The Utility Puppy 2000 can also be used as a deck washdown or general purpose pump.
"Puppy" flexible impeller pumps have the benefits of good flow, low cost, small size and low weight, and being easy to service and maintain. A testament to the durability and reliability of these bronze-bodied pumps is that many of them are still in service after 25 years of continuous use!
Most flexible impeller pumps must not be run dry, as this will damage the impeller in just seconds - which will then require replacing. However, the Utility Puppy 2000 is built to withstand up to 20 minutes dry running after an initial wet prime.
the Puppy 2000 has a rated flow rate of up to 7 gallons/min at 10 ft of vertical lift (head). Note that this is quite conservative, and represents a demanding real world installation. Compare this to common plastic centrifugal bilge pump, which are typically rated at "open flow" — where the pump is not lifting the water at all. At 10 ft of head, most centrifugal bilge pumps are pumping only 1/2 to 1/4 of their rated output, sometimes less.
These pumps have 3/4" NPT threaded ports which should be used with (customer supplied) adapters for 1" suction and discharge hoses.
• Self-priming from dry up to 4 ft
• Can withstand 20 minute dry running after an initial wet prime
• Bilge debris presents no problem to these flexible impeller pumps - but use of an inlet strainer is prudent
• Simple design means fewer wearing parts
• Continuous rated
• Ignition protected - ISO 8846 Marine
• ISO 8849 Marine (Bilge pump standard)
• Bronze pump body
• Nitrile impeller easily withstands oil contaminated bilge water
• Ports are threaded for 3/4" male NPT threaded fittings - use with 1" hose
• Lip-style shaft seal
• Included rubber mounting grommets minimize vibration
• Permanent magnet motor
Click here for additional information and technical data about this product.