These Life Floats come in two versions.
The standard "T" models have a tough, resilient vinyl surface with reflective tape. They are easily boarded, comfortable in the water, and have no hard surfaces.
"GRST" models have a thin fiberglass reinforced skin (with reflective tape) covering the vinyl surface. This produces an almost impenetrable covering, yet remains slightly resilient.
• Light weight makes these very easy to handle, yet easily exceeds the most severe USCG tests
• No exposed metal hardware - all metal hardware is secured inside the float body
• Double webbing; sunlight and weather never reach internal supporting beckets
• Solid closed-cell plastic throughout; even bullet holes would have only a minimal effect on buoyancy
• Will not rot or mildew
• Meets USCG requirements for inspected vessels carrying passengers for hire
• USCG Approval - varies by float; see Specification Table