The popular 2009 is a solid bronze and stainless steel control head that can be used for either single or twin engine configurations. The 2009 has separate handles, one for a clutch, and one for a throttle, each controlling a single function. It has 3 inches (76mm) of stroke, can be used for one or two station installations, and requires a cable connection kit that typically uses 30 Series (10-32 threaded ends) or 40 Series (1/4-28 threaded ends) cables. Connector kits are sold separately and each cable end attached to the control head requires one kit.
This control is available with three different handles: straight chrome, straight chrome with plastic grips, or curved handles with red or black knobs.
An optional clutch and throttle interlock can be ordered with this unit. The purpose of this interlock is to prevent shifting, above engine idle. It is only available for systems having both clutch and throttle on the same control. In two station applications only one interlock is required. For gears with an electric clutch, an adapter with two micro-switches can be ordered.
• Highest quality chrome-plated, corrosion-free, die cast silicon bronze and stainless steel hardware - will outlast all competeing products
• Oversized center bearings for no lost motion, high strength, low wear, and long life
• Independent friction and detent (included) are adjustable and removable
• Three adjustable stroke ranges - up to 3" max.
• Operation quadrants are positively pin fastened to handle shaft for safety
• Suitable for series or parallel rigging
• Optional neutral safety switch, which prevents engine starting unless control head is in neutral (center) position, is available either pre-installed or in kit form
• For 30 series and 40 series cables
• Removable dome for easy head and cable installation
• Self-adhesive labels, instructions and a cutout template are included
• 5-year warranty
Available in over 200 variations of detent and friction settings, long/short and curved/straight handles, and safety switches:
• "Standard" format is chrome finish with straight all chrome handles, in the "A" configuration
• A - One short handle with friction, and one long handle with detent
• B - Two long handles with detent
• C - Two long handles with friction
• D - Two long handles with one detent and one friction
• H - One neutral safety switch
• J - Two neutral safety switches
• K - Chrome finish cover and handles
• L - Polished brass finish cover and handles
• M - Black epoxy finish cover and chrome handles
• U - Curved handles and red and black knobs
• K - Straight handles with red and black plastic grips