Striking, polished stainless steel, the Lewmar V-Series windlasses utilize a reliable worm drive gearbox, and accept rope-chain or all chain rodes.
A particular feature of the V1 - V3 Series is its incorporation of the FastFit™ clamping system in which the windlass shaft self-aligns to the motor orientation during the installation process. This eliminates the need for trial and error shim fitting, and makes installation much faster and easier.
• Suitable for most boats from 27 to 50 ft in length; see Spec Table for details
• Sleek, low profile, windlasses for power or sailboats keeps foredeck clean
• For rope, chain, or combination rodes (3-strand or 8-plait rope required)
• Automatic rope/chain transition
• Power up/power down, with manual free-fall feature
• Hassle-free lower unit alignment and installation with the "FastFit" clamp system (allows incremental positioning of the motor within the alotted range)
• Cone clutches provide large braking surface for precise control when lowering in free-fall mode
• Manual recovery system is available as a separate option
• Standard 12 volts, 24 volts is available
• Typical deck thickness is 1" to 2-1/4", supplement with a suitable backing plate, if necessary; an optional extended version is available for thicker decks
• Note that G4, G40, G43, and High Test (HT) chains are equivalent for sizing purposes
• 3-year warranty
What's in the box — windlass, mounting studs and base gasket, up/down rocker switch, dual-direction solenoid, and circuit breaker
Is one of these windlasses a good choice for your boat? You can use the recommended typical boat lengths provided or, for a more rigorous determination, take the total weight of your ground tackle (anchor + rode) and multiply by 4. The maximum pull capability of the windlass should be at least as large as the resulting number.