MAS Low Viscosity Resin is designed for the thorough wet-out of fiberglass fabrics and other structural fabrics.
Particularly versatile, this formulation can be used in a wide variety of applications, including boat hulls and other moisture excluding structures, as well as laminating and bonding of nearly all materials.
Low Viscosity Resin is a blend of low molecular weight epoxy and reactive dilutants designed to produce an easy-flowing resin. Formulations are typically cured at room temperatures using your choice of MAS hardeners (Slow, Medium or Fast) in a 2:1 mix ratio. When modified with fillers such as wood flour or silica, this resin can be used as a filling and fairing compound with outstanding results.
• Low viscosity
• Low odor
• Complete lamination fabric wet-out for reduced voids and structural imperfections
• 100% low molecular weight reactive solids for excellent moisture exclusion
• Displays less than 0.5% shrinkage when cured
• Non-crystalizing formula remains clear
• Able to be used and stored in adverse conditions
• Storage life: Specially formulated for a minimum of 12 months in a sealed container, but often over 24 months
Although formulated to be non-blushing, Fisheries recommends a quick sponge and warm water rinse and wipe just to be on the safe side before over-coating with a clear coat.