Sphaera SS Rub Rail - Stainless Inserts
4 Profile Choices Use with Your Choice of Traditional or Slim Bases in Black or White
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
As low as $119.99
As low as $119.99
Sold as separate components, Sphaera Rub Rail has changed the world of traditional stainless steel rub rails. After some general Sphaera background to explain how the system works, this entry features the stainless steel "insert" or "bar" component that sits on top of the colored base.
Sphaera Rub Rail System Features —
Sphaera features a choice of semi-rigid PVC base styles which are sold in any length to eliminate waste and undesireable joints.
The base is installed on the boat simultaneously with the stainless steel insert bars featured here. Refer to Related Products, below for the matching PVC base profiles.
Lightweight and easily handled, Sphaera Rub Rail is installed quickly by using the boat itself as the bending template — thus eliminating the inconvenience and expense of stocking of pre-bent profiles.
The Sphaera Rub Rail system ensures an attractive, continuous and uniform profile all around the boat, avoiding the unsightly imperfections of traditional stainless steel rub rails with their obvious section joints.
• Innovative stainless steel profile is as durable as a traditional half-round stainless steel profile
• Sphaera stainless steel inserts are easily curved in any shape to facilitate installation directly on the boat
• Semi-rigid, shock-proof PVC base combines high impact strength with an elegant look at a great price
• Available joint caps hide insert joints and help keep the bars perfectly aligned
• Stainless steel insert bars are delivered pre-drilled at constant intervals
• Stainless steel end caps provide a finishing touch to transoms and to the boat's sides
• Installation is fast and requires no special tools
Some boat designs feature very sharp bow or stern quarter curves. For these, the use of a vise-held plywood bending template is recommended.
Sphaera Stainless Steel Insert Component —
These are the Sphaera stainless steel insert bars that make up the main visual component of the Sphaera Rub Rail system.
The inserts have a proprietary formula, rigid PVC core which is engineered to distribute the force of impacts - thus avoiding denting and "dock damage". When installed, the semi-hard PVC base component further reduces possible deformation due to impacts.
The inserts are available in 9.8 ft (3 m) sections in four different widths to match the size and style of any vessel.
Typically, the inserts are paired with your choices of available PVC bases in black or white and two different thicknesses.
The Sphaera bars can be used in three ways —
• They can be installed on one of the standard PVC Thick Bases - which gives the look of a traditional rub rail.
• For a "clean" look, the bars can be installed on the PVC Slim Base - which is just a thin pad that protects the surface of the vessel and is barely visible once the installation is complete.
• Rarely, the stainless steel bars are installed by themselves - without using any base.
The installation is completed by adding the appropriate width cosmetic joint caps and end caps, as needed. See Accessory Products, below.
Sphaera series are numbered according to the width of the Stainless Steel Insert in millimeters - Sphaera 25mm, Sphaera 35mm, etc. When selecting components, always make sure the series numbers match to assure compatability.
Watch an informative 2-1/2 minute video demonstrating the features and amazingly easy installation of the Sphaera Stainless Steel Rub Rail.