The Pains Wessex Manoverboard MK8 Lifebuoy Marker features 15 minutes of dense orange smoke and a self-activated lighting system which far exceeds SOLAS requirements for light output and duration. It is mounted on a ships bridge wing with the bracket supplied and is attached by line to a lifebuoy.
The signal is used to mark the position of a man overboard by day or night. It can be automatically deployed by releasing the attached lifebuoy, or manually activated. The Pains Wessex Buoysmoke MK8 Item No 53830 is identical except that it does not feature the lighting system, so is an
orange smoke daytime marker only.
This compact unit is ideally stored in good magazine conditions in an upright position, mounted to its stainless steel bracket in our original packaging.
• Day and night signal attached to 4kg lifebuoy and used in emergency to mark position of man overboard.
• Provides 15 minutes of dense orange smoke.
• Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration.
• Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water.
• Lithium battery sealed for life - no annual replacement.
• Automatic or manual deployment.
• Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Usually mounted on a ships bridge wing
• Tested to survive a 60m drop into water (SOLAS 30m).
• Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard.