You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
The Safe-Skeg is a stainless steel protector/cover that installs over your engine's original skeg — either for future protection from damage, or to return an impact-damaged or chipped skeg to "like-new" performance.
At the lowest point of the motor, the fin-shaped skeg on an outboard engine acts as a rudder, allowing the motor to run straight without having to constantly make steering corrections. It also allow you to turn your boat accurately and safely.
This function is especially needed by high performance boats such as bass boats where, on plane, the skeg plays a critical role in steering.
Because it is the lowest point it is susceptible to damage from striking rocks. Due to its position, the skeg also helps to protect the prop from rock damage.
A damaged skeg can seriously decrease your outboard engine's performance and alter its factory-smooth steering.
• Each Safe-Skeg model is engine specific for a perfect fit and "like-new" performance
• Installs in just minutes - all mounting hardware and instructions are included
• Mirror-polished, 1/16" thick, 316 marine grade stainless steel construction
• Seamless design for strength and durability
• Drain hole allows water to drain, preventing corrosion and winter freeze up
The included Install Kit includes: Safe-Skeg, mounting hardware, instructions, allen wrench and Loctite 262.