You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Bio-Blue Hull Surface Prep 92 is a powerful blend of cleaning agents and silica grit that de-waxes, etches, cleans, and prepares bare fiberglass or aluminum for painting.
Prior to overcoating with primers or topcoats, it can be used to prepare surfaces both below or above the waterline.
When painting a fiberglass hull, regardless of the boat's age, initial surface preparation is imperative. Residual parting agents utilized by the boat manufacturer to "pop" the boat from the mold may still be present, although not visibly apparent.
Solvent-free Bio-Blue is designed to provide an easy and trouble-free method of removing unwanted contaminants, grease, wax, dirt, and mold release agents from fiberglass or aluminum surfaces prior to painting.
After treatment with Bio-Blue Surface Prep, the hull can be coated with Pettit Protect High Build Epoxy Primer (4700/4701 gray or 4100/4101 white) followed by an antifouling paint (recommended), or directly by an antifouling paint.
• De-waxes, etches, cleans, de-greases and prepares bare or gel coated fiberglass or bare aluminum for painting
• For use above or below the waterline
• The first step of an effective, easy prep/paint or prep/prime/paint system of bottom painting
• Easy to use formula - roll on, scrub, rinse
• Biodegradable with no VOC content
• Apply using a 3/16" short nap roller
• Theoretical coverage: 600 sq ft/gal; one coat recommended