Metal Primer is a two component, self-etching wash primer for use only on bare metals. It forms an excellent adhesive bond to metal hulls, keels, centerboards, and other underwater running gear. Metal Primer can be over coated with epoxy primers, tie-coat primers, topside enamels, or antifouling paint. Uses a corrosion inhibition pigment to keep the metal surface in good condition.
• For use above or below the waterline
• For use on aluminum, steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, bronze, galvanized steel, and lead
• Provides rust and corrosion resistance
• Apply with brush, (3/16") roller or conventional or airless spray
• Coverage: 400 to 600 square feet per gallon
• Thinner: use denatured alcohol (roller and spray, only)
• Theoretical coverage is 400 ft²/gallon; use 1 coat ONLY; 10% solids (vol.)