SeaMate's formula combines Pettit's tri-polymer ablative paint film with Clean-Core Technology. It offers dependable ablative technology at a very economical price.
SeaMate is usually used on slower moving craft and in cool waters where modest fouling prevails.
SeaMate offers seasonal control, and is ideal for workboats, commercial fisherman and general boat yard use when economical protection is desired.Its ablative surface wears away with use, eliminating paint buildup. There is no need to sandi between coats when applying.
Traditional bottom paints use toxic heavy metals, like cadmium, to slow the release of biocides from the paint. SeaMate uses Pettit's breakthrough Clean-Core technology to replace as much as 50% of the heavy metals in the paint, for a cleaner environment.
The Clean-Core chemistry allows for more consistent release of fresh biocides from the surface of the paint -- providing better protection over a longer time span, not to mention weighing less and producing brighter colors.
• Cuprous oxide biocide 25%
• Applicable for wood and properly prepared fiberglass and steel hulls
• Not for use on aluminum hulls
• Can be applied over almost any previously applied bottom paint in good condition
• Quick drying formula provides for same day launching
• Application: brush, maximum 3/16" nap roller, airless or spray
• Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing or Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner
• Theoretical coverage is 450 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended; 52% solids (vol.)