You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Ultimate Eco Antifouling Paint - with Clean-Core Technology, Black, Quart
Copper-free Ultima Eco combines high levels of state-of-the-art Econea™ biocide and the powerful slime fighting agent zinc pyrithione for dual-biocide, multi-season protection.
Ultima Eco's ablative surface wears away over time, which eliminates paint film build up and makes it the perfect choice for both power and sailboats.
With no copper to cause galvanic corrosion, Ultima Eco is compatible with all properly prepared and primed metal hull materials, including aluminum.
• True multi-season protection
• Highest concentrations of Econea (6.0%) and zinc pyrithionel (4.80%) biocides available in any bottom paint - up to twice as much as some competing brands
• Can be hauled and re-launched without losing its antifouling properties
• Copper-free and non-corrosive - use Ultima Eco on jet drives, aluminum outdrives, outboard motors, and other metals
• Ablative technology eliminates paint build-up and the need for removing underlying paint layers when re-applying
• No need to sand between coats when painting
• Application: brush, maximum 3/16" nap roller, airless or spray
• Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing or Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner
• Theoretical coverage: 500 ft²/gallon; apply at least one coat per number of seasons of protection desired, 2-3 coats recommended; 59% solids (by vol.)
Heavy on the technical side...
Econea™ (Tralopyril) biocide offers unsurpassed protection at low concentrations. In fact, tests show that antifoulants made with just 6% Econea are as effective as those made with 50% copper. This is great news for boaters who are looking for consistently superior antifouling protection.
It's also good news for the environment, as Econea breaks down quickly in the environment and its breakdown products are biodegradable.
The potent protection that Econea provides works only against hard growth, like barnacles and zebra mussels. That's why Pettit adds a second biocide, zinc pyrithione (trade name: Zinc Omadine) to control soft growth. Zinc pyrithione is a versatile workhorse in the world of biocide technology. Zinc pyrithione is so safe it is FDA approved for use in anti-dandruff shampoos, yet it delivers real muscle in the fight against marine slime, algae and other soft growth.
The powerful one-two punch of Econea and zinc pyrithione make Pettit's Ultima Eco simply the best choice available in antifouling protection.