With its moderately high 53% copper load, The Protector provides West Coast boaters with excellent long lasting protection for up to two years of in-water service.
Its hard epoxy base provides a durable finish that is easily burnished to a smooth racing finish, without producing an underwater biocide plume.
Excellent adhesion to fiberglass, wood and steel hulls with excellent performance in all conditions.
Traditional bottom paints use toxic heavy metals, like cadmium, to slow the release of biocides from the paint. The Protector uses Pettit's breakthrough Clean-Core technology to replace as much as 50% of the heavy metals in the paint, for a cleaner environment. The Clean-Core chemistry allows for improved control and more even release of fresh biocides from the surface of the paint -- providing maximum protection over a longer period, not to mention less weight and brighter colors.
• Suitable for power or sail boats in high fouling warmer waters
• Meets 330 gram per liter VOC regulations
• Application: brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
• Thinner: 120 Brushing Thinner (Order# 126435); 121 Spray Thinner
• Theoretical coverage is 500 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended; 62% solids (vol.)
• Note: Only available on the West Coast