FBO-10 High Flow Fuel Filter/Water Separator - Industrial Series
Up to 2,700 GPH Gasoline; 1,080 GPH Diesel Housing Only - Elements Sold Separately
Sku# Make a selection
Item ID Make a selection
Mfg# Make a selection
As low as $457.87
As low as $457.87
The FBO assembly is used as a primary fuel filter/water separator on large diesel applications, as well as on mobile refuelers and fleet re-fueling pumps.
In engine applications, it is specifically designed as a primary fuel filter/water separator for today's high pressure common rail diesel injection systems.
The FBO assembly can flow from 5 gpm to 75 gpm, depending on the model, element, and type/viscosity of fuel to be filtered.
The large 5.1 oz sump is ideal for applications experiencing high volumes of water in the fuel.
Common applications include diesel locomotives, mining trucks, mobile refuelers, fuel dispensing pumps, fuel docks, etc.
A Marine Series is available for use on boats. The Marine FBO is UL listed, meets Coast Guard and ABS requirements, and undoubtedly offers benefits for insurance purposes.
Compared to the Industrial (black) version of the FBO the Marine version is white, UL listed, and features, as standard, a differential pressure gauge (indicates time to change the element), a sight glass to check water level, and a mounting bracket.
See Related Products, below.
Three element options are available to meet various requirements:
1) Fuel filter/water separators (coalescers) are the most commonly used elements - especially for single filter installations - as they both filter particles and contaminants and also separate water from the fuel.
Today's sophisticated diesels are particularly susceptible to damage from water and particulates, so ultra-fine 1 and 5 micron elements are commonly used for this function.
2) Silicone-treated particulate pre-filters (also called microfilters) are most often used as primary filters to extend the life of other filters further downstream.
3) Water absorber elements also filter particulates and have micron ratings. They tend to be specialty items and are most commonly used on farm and fleet fuel dispensing pumps.
Note — Elements and FBO housings are sold separately. See Replacement Products, below, for the required elements.
• Suitable for jet fuel, aviation gas, diesel fuel, gasoline, kerosene, JP4, JP5 and JP8
• Locking ring collar offers simple element change outs, by one person, without tools
• Marine models are white; industrial models are black
• 1.5" NPT inlet and outlet
• Rated at 150 PSI at 240°F; max. working pressure is 75 PSI
• Differential pressure gauge on DP and Marine models indicates need for element change out (<2 PSID = OK; 15 PSID = change element)
• Water level sight glass on "L" models has visible plastic bead float to indicate presence of water
• Manual water drain valve
• Manual vent valve
• Mounting bracket included with Marine models
• Option for water sensor probe (RK21069)
• UL listed
• FBO-10MA: 18.8"H x 8.6"W x 8.6"D; 23 lb (shown)
• FBO-14MA: 22.6"H x 8.6"W x 8.6"D; 28 lb
Click here for additional information about the Marine version of the FBO filters.
Click here for technical data and specifications for FBO filter housings.