Ritchie's Helmsman Series is a premium compass line with a large 3 3/4" dial.
It is engineered to fit today's most popular size boats.
The Helmsman deck mount style compass features an outer case with a light-shielding hood.
They are most often installed on the bridge deck of a power vessel.
The traditional flat card style dial in the HD-744 is best suited when mounting the compass in a location where you are looking down at the compass to see the course heading.
On their flat card dials, Ritchie adds a special lightweight PowerDamp® baffle that eliminates spinning and dial jumping at high speeds and in rough conditions.
• Extra 45° lubber lines
• Durable, hardened steel pivot and sapphire jewel movement
• Internal gimbal systems for maximum stability during adverse pitch and roll conditions
• Exclusive built-in 12V green NiteVu lighting
• High gauss DirectiveForce magnets provide superior accuracy and smooth, rapid response
• Movable sun shield
• Built-in compensators to easily adjust for deviation
• 100% repairability
• Optional protective cover (H-741-C) is sold separately; see Related Products, below
• Exclusive 5-year Ritchie warranty
• Made in the USA