Ball Bearing Orbit Blocks boast extremely high strength-to-weight ratios. This is achieved by replacing most metal and redundant cheek components with high strength fiber reinforced polymer materials. In addition, Orbit Blocks offer a variety of inventive, strong, but lightweight attachment options, including thru-the-sheave beckets.
• Lightweight – single blocks typically have working loads 8,000 to 10,000 times their own weight.
• Highest working load in its class - 2-stage bearing system features high compression grade acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bushing which takes over under heavy loading, thus providing minimum friction across the full working load range. Nylatron® sheaves are non-ball bearing and best suited for static loads such as halyards and backstays
• Secure and versatile attachment - Dyneema® fiber link is 10 times stronger and lighter than steel and is more compatible with Dyneema/Spectra® rigging lines and webbing than traditional steel shackles. Features include ultra-low profile and thru-the-sheave beckets
• High performance cleating - lightweight fiber-reinforced cleat arms and C-Cleats give secure rope holding with low entry and exit efforts. C-Cleats are fitted with fairleads for fast action from any angle
• Sheave diameter is 30mm; max. line size is 8mm (5/16")