Under their cosmetic cover, all Sea-Dog MaxBlast electric horns have a steel base housing. Unlike some other brands, this steel housing is triple protected from corrosion by a red primer paint followed by a baked-on automotive paint coating which is then covered with an over-molded plastic cover to provide complete protection from the marine environment.
(Physics dictates that the base housing must be steel in order for the copper coil actuator to create the magnetic field which causes the stainless steel diaphragm to vibrate - making the horn sound.)
In fact, MaxBlast horns are so well protected from salt corrosion that they have passed numerous standardized ASTM-B-117-11 600-hour saltwater spray tests with no signs of rust or corrosion. As a result, Sea-dog offers an unusually long 5-year warranty on all MaxBlast horns.
This horn is a drop-in replacement for many common OEM horns, with a matching bolt hole footprint.
• Two-tone dual horn
• Decibel rating at 1 meter: 111 dB (approx. twice as loud as the single version)
• Pre-wired, sealed sound unit with 304 stainless steel diaphragm
• Integral mounting bracket
• Meets ABYC standard A-23
• NMMA type accepted #748120, for use on vessels under 39 ft
• 12V DC
• Available in either retail packaing or in bulk
Note — When installed, horns should point, at least, slightly downward to permit water drainage.