No need to call for a radio check when you have this compact, easy to use, unit on-board. The ART-3 tests receiver function as well as output power and VSWR (voltage standing wave ratio, a measure of antenna system efficiency).
It's powered by an internal battery or can be connected to the ship's 12V DC system with the supplied power cable. Battery level can be checked at the flip of a switch.
• Frequency range: 155-158 MHz
• RF power scale: 0 to 30 Watts
• Impedance: 50 Ohms
• Accuracy: ±10%
• Connectors: SO-239
• Construction: Die-cast aluminum
• Signal Generator 3 KHz Deviation
• Tone: 1000 KHz
• RF Level: -115 dBM (approx.)