One of Spyderco's line of Value Folders, the Tenacious is a mid-sized knife designed for hard use. Their goal is to offer affordable folding knives with five-star features like G-10 handles, Walker LinerLocks, jimping, lined lanyard holes and skeletonized full-length internal liners to increase the knife's rigidity and strength without excess weight or thickness.
Feature-for-feature, dollar-for-dollar, performance-for performance, Spyderco Value Folders represent a best buy in the knife industry and the answer to acquiring Spyderco innovation and quality on a budget.
• Blade Shape — Modified Drop Point Blade where the spine of the blade follows a subtle convex arc to the point. A section of grooves (jimping) at the base of the blade's spine provides an optional slip-resistant position for the thumb
• Blade Grind — Full Flat Grind blade shape with flat bevels that extend from the spine of the blade all the way down to the cutting edge. This grind reduces drag during cutting, and decreases overall weight since a fair amount of metal is removed. Flat grind blades are difficult to produce, so they are rarely seen in high production commercial knives. The flat grind sacrifices some edge durability in favor of increased sharpness
• Blade Edge — the Tenacious features a Combination Edge which is part smooth and part serrated - offering that advantages of both types in a single blade. The smooth edge portion cuts cleanly, while the more aggressive serrated portion makes short work of tough to cut items like rope. The combination blade is a good compromise when the blade will be used for general purposes.
Somewhat unusual among Spyderco's knives, this blade is sharpened from the tip all the way to the hilt for the most cutting edge possible for the blade's length
• Large trademark Spyderco Round Hole allows easy opening of the knife using the thumb of just one hand. In turn, the enlarged Round Hole creates a prominent hump in the top of the blade for your thumb to rest against while cutting
• Handle — the Tenacious has a black G-10 epoxy filled, woven glass fiber handle that is rigid, and impervious to temperature changes and chemicals. Its ergonomic, grip-friendly shape adds comfort and blade control
• Durable 8Cr13MoV steel alloy blade - an excellent value priced steel; widely known for exceptional performance at its price point
• Stainless steel blade has a non-reflective black coating
• Versatile, black, 4-way pocket clip is reversible (for left or right hand use), and the handle is pre-drilled at both ends for tip-up or tip-down carrying in your back pocket
• Screw together construction for easy cleaning and maintenance; screws and pivots are also blackened
• Walker LinerLock locking system uses a belly-mounted, jimped (serrated), leaf-like spring split from the liner to wedge laterally against a ramped surface on the tang of the blade.
• Closed length is 4-7/16"
The members of Spyderco's Value Folders range are: Tenacious, Persistance, Resilience, and Ambitious