These are the larger capacity Tank Tender Panels with a selector mechanism for measuring the liquid level in up to 10 tanks. These units are most appropriate for users who want to measure the levels in 6 to 10 tanks, or for those who prefer the rotary switch format.
The rotary selector valve in this panel can handle from one to ten tanks with no additional Selector Valves required.
Tank Tender is an extremely accurate gauge system that uses air pressure to measure the liquid level in a tank — without using electricity! As such, it is an highly reliable system that will continue to function even if your electrical system is down.
The Tank Tender system is very simple and operates on air pressure alone. Just select a tank, then pump in a small amount of air to obtain the tank level in inches. A calibration card allows you to convert from inches to gallons, if desired.
Only precision valves, pumps, and easy-to-install push-in connections are used. The "sensor" is just a thin plastic tube, with no electronics or moving parts - the ultimate in simplicity and reliability. Connection from the tank to the panel is via thin 1/8" OD flexible nylon tubing (but not as flexible as electrical wire).
• Use for water, diesel or holding tanks (not for use with gasoline)
• Monitor the levels in all your tanks with just one unit
• Individual sensors and valves eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination among tanks; fluid is never removed from any tank; only a few bubles of air are pumped in
• Panels are available in 4-, 5- and 10-tank models, with scales for deep or shallow tanks (up to 30" water/35" diesel, or 60" water/70" diesel). These are the models for measuring up to 10 tanks - no additional selector valves required
• Panel dimensions: 4"W x 6"H x 2-7/8"D
• Panel cut-out dimensions: 3-1/16"W x 5"H
For measuring Holding Tank levels, panels with an optional Purge Valve are available. The Purge Valve allows temporarily bypassing the panel gauge to exert maximum air flow through the tank sensing tube, clearing any material that may have lodged in the tip of the tube and ensuring an accurate reading. If you know you are going to include a holding tank in your system, we reccommend purchasing a panel with a Purge Valve.
PLEASE NOTE — To serve the greatest variety of installations, Fisheries sells Tank Tender products "a la carte". This means that you only buy the components you need, and don't pay for extra components you don't need were you to purchase a pre-packaged "system".
To make a complete, functional system, you will need to purchase these components:
1) Panel - select one appropriate for the depth of the tanks in your system
2) Tubing - enough to connect the panel to each tank
3) Tank Penetration Fitting(s) (and an Extender Tube, if your tank is over 30" deep) - for each tank.
See Accessory Products, below, to link to these additional components.