This back mount Rack System is the best choice for single station stern drives and outboards which don't require a No FeedBack system.
The helm incorporates a pinion gear that engages a pre-assembled rack and cable for minimized steering effort.
This new version of The Rack replaces older 1984 - date Teleflex "The Rack" steering without the need for dashboard modification.
(Requires use of SSC134XX Back Mount Rack cable or the premium cable with TFXtreme technology SSC154XX. See Related Products, below.)
Although components are available for twin cable systems (recommended for boats that exceed 50 mph, or experience instability due to engine flutter), Teleflex recommends No-FeedBack steering for all dual cable steered outboards.
• Precise steering 4.0 wheel turns lock-to-lock
• Comfortable steering "feel"
• Suitable for use on outboard and virtually all power-assisted stern drive boats up to 24 ft with wheels up to 16" in diameter
• Helm has standard 3/4" tapered steering wheel shaft
• Back mount design allows placement in the dash for fast and easy installation
• Stranded cable core is armored for durability and strength
• Mounting hardware fits standard Teleflex rack holes
• Stainless steel cable ends minimize corrosion
• Meets ABYC safety standards and NMMA certification requirements
• Old style cable replaces versions from 1984 - present
• Kit includes: new SSC134xx cable, helm, bezel and hardware
• Complete systems and individual cables available in 1ft increments ie: SS14112 or SSC13412 (12ft)
• Tilt helm available by special order
• NFB (No-FeedBack) Rack version is also available (see separate entry)
• Note: wheel is NOT included
• This is a drop-in replacement steering system for the Morse command 200 rack system
How to Determine the Proper Cable Length to Order —
Although cable length "formulas" are available, installations have so many individual differences that, arguably, the simplest method is to lay a garden hose (or similar object) along the route the cable will follow and measure the distance from the centerline of the steering wheel to the center of the engine connection point with the tiller centered. Order that length of cable.
If you need assistance or have questions, call us at 800-426-6930.