You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Built with safety in mind, Viking is the only cylinder to be engineered with an internal HDPE liner encased in fiberglass, proving to be the safest cylinder on the market.
This transparent composite cylinder has several important advantages over traditional metal cylinders –
– Perhaps its best feature for the user, the gas level inside the cylinder is visible due to the see-through construction.
– Unlike traditional steel tanks, Viking propane tanks are built from materials which will never corrode – so you don't have to worry about salt exposure or keeping them dry.
– When empty these composite cylinders weigh about 50% less than typical steel propane cylinders and 25% less than aluminum.
– Viking composite propane cylinders are constructed with safety in mind. They are constructed with a polyethylene internal liner which is covered with an outer winding of fiberglass to ensure a tough exterior. They are then encased in a UV protected outer casing. Unlike metal propane cylinders, they will never explode in the advent of a fire.*
Viking composite propane cylinders are suited to all kinds of uses from boating and RVs, to camping and picnicking, to barbecues and patio heaters, as well as normal domestic uses such as cookers and stoves.
• No need to install a gauge – see-through propane level assessment means no more unexpectedly running out of fuel (visual assessment is actually better than a gauge, whose accuracy can vary with temperature changes)
• Lightweight - lighter than steel or aluminum tanks of the same capacity
• Safe - unlike the potential for metal propane cyclinders, Viking cylinders will not explode in a fire
• Wide stable base helps prevent the tank from tipping over when used in portable applications
• 100% non-corroding. No rusting, no corrosion – ever
• Well adapted for use in hot, humid, or salty environments
• Designed for vertical mounting during use
• Includes external Acme-threaded new style Type 1 OPD valve - prevents overfilling tank as well as preventing fuel release unless the cylinder is attached to an appropriate hose end connector
• Ergonomic collar with built-in hand grips has a nice finish and is comfortable to carry
• Capacity shown is for propane fuel
• Suitable for use up to 149° F and down to ‐40° F (although the use of LPG in very low temperatures is limited by the ability of the specific LPG formulation to vaporize)
• DOT approved for the USA as well as TC approved for Canada, and can be filled at any reputable refilling station
• 2 year warranty.
* Viking Propane Cylinders are, by far, the safest propane gas cylinders available. Unlike a metal propane cylinder, a Viking cylinder will not BLEVE in a fire.
BLEVE is the technical abbreviation for Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion.
In layman’s terms this means the cylinder with not explode in a fire. Instead, the composite resin will burn off and the plastic liner will melt, allowing the LPG to “seep” through the liner and burn in a non-explosive, controlled manner.