You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Wichard's range of two OSR harness tethers are designed and constructed following World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Offshore Special Regulations (OSR) applicable to ocean racing.
Of special note, they are fitted with a quick opening snap shackle on the harness side that can be released under load, but will not open accidentally.
All hardware - both snap shackle and safety hook(s) - is 316 stainless steel
Per OSR, the tethers are fitted with an overload indicator.
The harness attachment point of this #7008 two leg OSR Elastic Safety Tether is equipped with a forged stainless steel, quick-opening, snap shackle designed so it can be released under load in emergency situations -- man overboard, capsizing, entanglement, etc. -- but will not open accidentally.
It has a short (1 m) flat webbing leg with a double action safety hook for attaching to an anchor point or jack line on the boat, and a long (2 m) elastic webbing second leg with a second double action safety hook.
Extended length of the stretchable leg is 6-1/2 ft (2 meters).
The two leg design allows you to always maintain one point of attachment for increased safety.
Elastic, retractable, tethers are a Wichard innovation. They provide great freedom of movement as they retract and extend without dragging on the deck behind you.
• Overload indicator
• Fixed leg is 3 ft long, elastic leg retracts from 6 ft to 3 ft
• Fluorescent, double-action safety hook at attachment end prevents accidental opening (both the gate and the colored lever must be pressed simultaneously to open the hook)
• Quick-opening snap shackle with lanyard at harness end
• Compliant with EN 1095
• Follows OSR - ISAF recommendations for offshore racing
• 316 stainless steel safety hook and snap shackle; polyamide webbing