3M's Elite series of air-powered tools offers higher quality, lower noise levels, less vibration, and improved ergonomic features over their original " Red Top" series.
They feature a steel alloy curved-throttle lever, an extended curved wrist rest for more support, 3M™ gripping material molded into the interchangeable comfort grip, a conveniently located speed control dial, and an internal muffler.
This sander uses the airflow that drives the motor to generate a vacuum at the sanding surface, which is ducted into the tool's exhaust port.
This tool is ideal for flat surface finishing, sealer sanding, and working in tight corners.
With its relatively small 1/8" orbit diameter, these sanders can sand along a critical edge.
Boatyard workers love them for being able to sand right up to a boot stripe or brightwork without damaging the existing paintwork or varnish.
This sander comes with a 33 hole Hookit Clean Sandiing pad (#28531).
Additional accessories include replacement hand grips in several sizes; medium is standard.
• Takes dust management to the next level with powerful self-generated vacuum tools
• Powerful 0.28 hp motor
• 1/8" orbit for general purpose sanding
• Precision balanced for smooth operation, less vibration, and quiet operation
• Newly designed wrist rest for more support
• Recessed lever eliminates pinch points
• Air valve is situated so as to eliminate unintended adjustments
• Composite cover absorbs and reduces vibration
• Sturdy, lightweight aluminum body prevents cracked housings and downtime
• Hookit™ backup pad included
• Tool has a 3/8" air inlet
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 17 SCFM
• Uses 3M 2-3/4" Hookit™ sheet rolls
Note - Not recommended for use with a central or shop vacuum, as these can pull dust through the gearbox, damaging the tool.