This respirator is NIOSH certified for use with all 3M™ cartridges and/or filters to help meet OSHA requirements in a variety of marine painting and sanding applications.
• Soft, double-flap faceseal of easy-to-clean, hypoallergenic silicone
• Head harness with six adjustable straps provides a secure fit and maximizes comfort
• Standard nose cup, speaking diaphragm and a scratch-resistant polycarbonate lens
• Can be used in both negative pressure mode (cartridges/filters) or positive pressure mode (supplied air/PAPR - with appropriate adapters)
The 7800S Series full facepiece respirator can be used with any of 3M's vapor cartridges, particulate filters, or catrridge/filter combinations for use in a variety of work environments.
Vapor cartridges are simply twisted on or off the facepiece bayonet fittings for easy replacement
Filters can be also attached, with or without vapor cartridges, and may require the use of adaptors.
See the Fisheries Navigator, below, for more details.
Every 3M™ facepiece respirator can be used with any of 3M's vapor cartridge and particulate pre-filter combinations:
• All vapor cartridges attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece
• All oblong pre-filters can be attached over a vapor cartridge by using a #501 adapter/holder, which snaps onto the cartridge
• All round pre-filters can also be attached to a vapor cartridge, but use the #502 bayonet adapter, which also just snaps onto the cartridge
• All round pre-filters can also attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece (without using a vapor cartridge), when vapor protection is NOT required, and only particulate protection is necessary
Note that vapor cartridges are almost always used in conjunction with filters — as in the marine industry, it is rare to be exposed to vapors without the presence of particulates.