Four products in one.
This oil sorbent can be used as a boom, a pillow, a pad, or a roll — which means fewer products need to be stocked to meet your sorbent needs.
The folded sorbent is 5" wide and perforated every 16 inches to allow you to select the length required, so there is less waste.
Unfolded, the sorbent is 18" wide.
The 50 ft roll can absorb 8 gallons of petroleum.
• Polypropylene/polyester blend repels water while adsorbing petroleum-based liquids
• Effective for spills and for use under leaking equipment
• Dust-free, contains no abrasive granules that could damage equipment
• Can be incinerated with only 0.2% ash residue
Heavy on the technical side...3M™ Petroleum Sorbents are used for control of spills of hydrocarbons on water or land.
They repel water and float (as long as surfactants are not also present).
They are typically used on water to contain and adsorb hydrocarbons that are on the surface or in an emulsion in the water.
Typical Liquids Adsorbed - Petroleum Sorbents are suitable for adsorbing hydrocarbons, as well as non-polar organic solvents, eg., oil, paraffin, diesel, benzene, alcohols, toluene, trichloroethane, esters and ethers.
(Adsorb = Adhere + Absorb)
Petroleum Sorbents are made from inert synthetic fibers, principally polypropylene and polyester.
They are available in a wide range of formats and are lightweight and nominally dust-free.
They have a high absorption capacity which minimizes the amount of waste for disposal purposes.
3M Sorbent sheets and rolls are white.
Booms and pillows are red/orange.
• Pads - Are a highly adaptable format. They can be used on water to pick up oil covering large surface areas and in wiping applications.
• Booms - May be connected together to form barriers. These are anchored at each end and positioned across still or moving water to contain, channel and adsorb oil spills. Suitable for use on rivers and in harbors.
• Minibooms - Generally used for on-land applications to contain and adsorb spills.
• Pillows - ulk absorption of oil on land or water. Particularly useful in drains to act as interceptors.
• Rolls - For fast coverage of large surface areas of water, they can be easily torn to length. Also used as a mat to keep shorelines or banks clean and to place used sorbents upon.
• Folded - Combines four formats in one product. It is perforated every 16 inches and can be unfolded to be used as booms, pillows, sheets or rolls.
• Specialized HP Anti-Static Series - anti-static products for use in low temperature or low humidity environments to reduce the risk of sparking.
They have a charge dissipating polypropylene scrim and are packaged in charge dissipating film.
• Spill Kits and Response Packs - May contain different types of sorbents and temporary
disposal bags. Compact for easy storage and quick response.
• Sweep - Used to pull over still water to remove surface films. Incorporates a rope along one edge for extra strength.
Dispose of used sorbents only in accordance with local and national regulations.
Disposal companies should be consulted for their recommendations.