A specialty filter designed for use in environments containing nuisance levels of acid gases.
Similar to the 2078 P95 filter, but with a P100 rating — indicating an extraordinary 99.97% filtering efficiency - the highest available.
NIOSH approved for environments containing oil and non-oil based particles.
The 2096 particulate filter can attach directly to any 3M™ bayonet facepiece when only particulate hazards are present.
In environments where particulates exist and harmful vapors exceed "nuisance levels", an appropriate 3M chemical vapor cartridge should be used with this 2096 filter mounted on it using a 3M 502 adapter, as the vapor cartridge alone does not protect against particulates.
Alternatively, when a chemical vapor cartridge is used, you can switch to the less expensive 2091 filter, which offers the same P100 level of particle filtration.
• Chemical absorbent provides relief from nuisance-level (below OSHA PEL) odors generated from chlorine, sulfur dioxide and hydrogen fluoride
• Can be used in applications formerly requiring HEPA-rated respiratory protection
• Suitable for all marine applications such as grinding, sanding, sawing, welding, brazing, torch cutting, soldering, sweeping, and asbestos abatement.
• Advanced Electret Media with electrostatically charged microfibers capture particles, but let air through - for easier and cooler breathing
• Flame resistant, flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting
• Sold and priced by the pair