Use these semi-rigid wheels for de-burring rough castings and cut metal surfaces, leaving a very fine "brushed" surface.
Commonly used for finiishing rough cast metals pieces.
Can be used for softening edges, and removing nicks and gouges in the restoration of older pieces - such as the harder metals used in hand tools.
For softer metals like stainless steel , aluminum, and brass, you should consider using 3M's Scotch-Brite Metal Finishing Wheel; see Related Products, below.
• Tightly layered "unitized" construction - with abrasive distributed throughout the structure - offers long life and durability.
• Excellent for heavy duty blending and finishing with uniform results
• For larger pieces where a thicker wheel is desired, these wheels can be ganged together on your bench grinder
• These wheels are a good alternative to other abrasive polishing methods
Heavy on the technical side...
How to decipher the Grades:
• The leading number is the density or flexibility of the wheel (Range: 2 [soft] — 11 [very hard])
• The letter is the mineral type (A = aluminum oxide, S = silicon carbide)
• Abbreviation is the grit (Range: Very Fine — Extra Coarse); not all types of wheels are available in all grits