This is a rolled up strip of closed cell foam with high strength, long-lasting 430 Series acrylic adhesive on one side.
Cut to length, it forms an excellent seal against dust and moisture.
It is ideal for hatch and door weatherstripping, as well as vehicle trunks and tailgates, appliances, computers, etc.
3M's 4500 Series of tapes has the paper liner on the non-adhesive side to minimize foam stretching during installation of long runs.
They will adhere to a variety of substrates, including painted wood, enameled steel, glass, aluminum, stainless steel, acrylic, ABS, and PVC (non-plasticized).
Unlike urethane foam tapes, this vinyl foam tape is weather resistant and has excellent aging characteristics.
It remains flexible even when exposed to temperature extremes.
Adhesion is typically satisfactory within 20 minutes, and continues to build over time.
• 250 mil thick without liner
• Good adhesion to metals and to high surface energy plastics, as well as to some low surface energy plastics
• High shear strength at 72°F
• Medium/low peel strength
• Excellent UV resistance
• Moderate solvent resistance
• Temperature range: 150°F (250°F for short periods)
• 3 mil, white paper liner
• UL listing 94HBF
• Priced by the roll