At a mere 13 ounces, including the filter, the SL is lighter than any other Speedglas helmet.
It is also the narrowest helmet, making it ideal for welding in very tight spaces.
A "Grab & Go" a motion sensor automatically turns ON the welding filter when you pick up the helmet, making this helmet ideal for quick welding tasks.
The included Speedglas™ Auto Darkening Filter ensures uniform shading and minimum distortion across the entire filter viewing area.
Speedglas SL Helmets provide excellent optical performance, auto-darkening filters with a light shade of 3 and a dark shade range of 8 - 12 for use with all arc welding processes.
• Super-light 13.4 oz weight alleviates neck strain
• Superior optics
• ADF viewing area: 1.68" x 3.57" (6.00 sq in)
• Use for all arc welding processes: stick, MIG, TIG, and plasma
• 4 sensitivity levels for adjustment for various welding processes and ambient light levels
• One-hand adjustable, 4-position headband with back-and-forth adjustment fits more head sizes
• Motion sensing technology with replaceable batteries for "instant on" functionality
• Non-absorbant material won't absorb moisture and become heavy
• Hard-coated Outer Protection Plate is available
Heavy on the technical side...
Speedglas SL Series ADF Specifications
• Dark State: Shade 8 - 12
• Light state: Shade 3
• TIG rating: >1 amp
• Switching speed: 0.15 msec @ 73°F
• Dark to light switching delay: 100 - 250 msec
• UV/IR protection: Shade 12 (permanent - even when the ADF is off)
• Viewing area: 1.68" x 3.57" (6.00 sq in)
• Number of sensors: 2
• Battery life (approx.): 2 years (1,500 hr)
• Warranty: 2 years
• Weight: 13 oz
• Compliance: CSA Z94.3; ANSI Z87.1 - 2003
• Classification: 1/2/2/3