Although part of 3M's "Red" family of abrasives, these discs are white in color.
These discs are the original 3M film backed finishing discs, so popular in the paint finishing industry, packaged in smaller quantities.
Film-backed discs can’t be beat for their tear resistance and consistency of finish.
This makes them an excellent option when working on paint, e-coats, primers, gel coats, glass, acrylics, wood and solid surface material.
Basically anywhere you need the perfect finish every time, film is the best choice.
• Film backing produces a very flat disc that leaves an exceptionally consistent finish
• Use for sanding before painting, as well as to remove dust nibs and excess orange peel from paint and gelcoat prior to compounding
• Performance aluminum oxide abrasive
• Loading resistant stearate coating
• Resin bonded for heat resistance
• Flexible film backing is more tear-resistant than a comparable paper product
• Fast cutting
• Stikit adhesive backing holds securely on backing pad, yet allows easy removal
• Priced by the box