This "slick tape" is used as a stick-on lubricant between two surfaces that need to slide on each other.
Think of drawer rails, sliding window channels, companionway hatches, etc. This general purpose tape is used to created a "slip plane" to allow moving contact without wear, making it ideal for sliding applications.
It has many industrial uses such as protecting plastic and metal chutes, guide rails, and containers from sliding wear.
This tape is strong and slippery, so objects just slide on it, rather than tearing it up.
Its super low coefficient of friction, combined with high abrasion resistance, make this tape an effective solution for cases where something sticks, squeaks, or vibrates when it is supposed to slide smoothly.
• Translucent, UHMW polyethylene backing with a rubber adhesive on a paper liner.
• Temperature use range -30°F to 225°F
• High strength, abrasion resistant, chemical resistant, long wear life
• Die-cuttable, low coefficient of friction, self lubricating
• 1.7 mils of adhesive on a 5 mil backing for a total thickness of 6.7 mils
• 60 lb densified silicone treated kraft paper liner is peeled off prior to application
• Available in a range of widths from 3/4" to 25" by special order in case quantities; please inquire at 800-426-6930