This device replaces the multi-purchase tackle system in a traditional traveler control system with one simple closed loop circuit - similar to a clothesline, but with a mechanical advantage.
It is powered with a regular winch handle and features an efficient, clean layout, that provides more power and control than a traditional system.
The system uses a self-tailing, rope-gripping pulley which operates in either direction - even if the line is not under tension. A simple clutch lever determines the direction in which the traveler moves, or allows for it to be locked in position.
• Utilizes a single existing sheave at each end of your existing traveler, plus line attachment points on the traveler car
• Mounts on a flat surface, anywhere along your traveler track
• Can also be used for genoa car control
• Can also be used for spinnaker and whisker pole deployment
• Small and lightweight; does not cause rope wear
• Made of hard black anodized aluminium, clutch control lever and ball bearings of AISI 316 stainless steel
• 3/8" (10 mm) line is recommended
• 8:1 power ratio with a normal 10" (250mm) winch handle