The ultimate in simplicity - turn both the House and Start to On when you board, turn them both to Off when you leave. Use the third switch for emergency use of both batteries simultaneously.
This panel keeps batteries isolated to prevent accidental discharge, while providing the ability to use either battery (or both) for starting one, or two, engines. Enables a failed house or starting battery bank to be isolated from the electrical system and both house and starting loads to be operated from the remaining battery bank.
• Isolates starting circuit from house circuit; use them independent of each other
• Protects electronics from sags and spikes caused by engine cranking
• Allows for different sizes, types and chemistry in each battery bank
• Switches are designed to stringent "real world" specifications
• Incorporates three On/Off m-Series battery switches (#6006)
• Amperage: 300A continuous/500A intermittent (5 min.)/700A cranking (9.75 sec./10 repeats)
• Voltage: 48 volts DC maximum
• Ignition protected - safe for installation aboard gasoline powered boats
• Addition of an Automatic Charging Relay (No.7610 or ML-Series) will automate charging of both battery banks