These are one of three configurations of the Arctic Stainless Steel raw water strainers we offer.
This version has a female pipe inlet on the bottom, and a female pipe outlet on the side.
Manufactured from the highest quality 2205 electro-polished duplex cast stainless steel, these robust one-piece cast strainers have no welds to corrode.
The swirl action created by the offset outlet quickly scavenges air while maximizing the useful area of the strainer basket.
The lid design allows safe, quick, and easy access for maintenance.
Made from exceptionally corrosion resistant AISI 2205 cast stainless steel, Arctic strainers undergo an electro-polishing process which removes contaminants from the surface, exposing the pure stainless steel and producing a chromium-rich film. This provides superior corrosion resistance compared to other stainless steel strainers on the market.
• 2205 stainless alloy has superior pitting and crevice corrosion resistance, and twice the strength compared to 316L stainless alloy
• The 2205 stainless alloy provides "life of boat" service - much longer than the 316 alloy used in other stainless steel strainers. In other words, the strainer will dependably outlast the vessel it is installed in
• NPT thread standard; BSP thread available by special order; call 800-426-6930
• Lid is secured by (5) 316 wing nuts for easy access
• Swing down 316 eye bolts eliminate the need to remove fixed securing nuts, and the risk of dropping them in the bilge
• Solid electro-polished 316 stainless steel lid is standard
• Clear Lid option allows for visual inspection of basket without having to open the strainer; clear lid models also include the solid lid for Coast Guard inspected vessels
• Rugged ABS basket has high impact resistance. Stainless baskets are available for finer screening; see Related Products, below
• Yellow durable silicone gasket
• Cast bonding system connection point on side of body to reduce electrolysis
• Side mounting bracket is available (316 S/S)
• Adjustable stainless steel bracket extension arm is also available by Special Order; please call 800-426-6930
Sizing Accessories and Replacement Parts —
Strainers with 2-1/2" ports use "250" size accessories and parts.
Strainers with 3" ports use "300" size accessories and parts.
Strainers with 4" ports use "400" size accessories and parts.
Please call 800-426-6930 for information about accessories for the 6" strainers