Consistent and reliable performance have made the Delta anchor the new standard in general purpose anchors. It is the choice of sailors everywhere, when they want to be prepared for unknown bottom conditions. Plow style anchors work well in a variety of seabeds including sand, clay, and firm mud. They also perform better than most anchors in grassy and rocky conditions, which can be challenging for any type of anchor.
• Unique shank design and weighted tip allows anchor to fit snugly on bow roller and easily self-launch when released
• Ballasted tip, low center of gravity and self-righting design cause the anchor to start setting as soon as it hits the bottom
• Greater fluke area provides more holding power
• One-piece design is strong and provides for safe handling - no hinge to catch fingers or smash toes
• Breaks out easily when pull is vertical for raising the anchor
• Made of high tensile strength manganese steel
• Guaranteed against breakage for life
• Lloyd's Approval as a High Holding Power anchor
• Note: the table below is based on the manufacturer's recommendations, and is meant as a guide only. If you are in doubt about the appropriate choice of anchor for your boat, please call us for advice.