Non-rechargeable lithium batteries are manufactured for devices that use a lot of power such as digital cameras, where their high cost is offset by longer running time between battery changes, and more constant voltage during discharge.
Recommended for use with long life electronic equipment: calculators, cameras, memory backup, pocket pagers, and watches.
• High energy density, long life power source - nominal 1.5 volts
• Lasts up to 8 times longer in digital cameras, 3.5 hours longer in CD players, and 5.5 hours longer in MP3 players than ordinary alkaline batteries
• Weighs 1/3 less than standard alkaline batteries
• Operates in extreme temperatures from -40°F to 140°F
• Up to 10 year estimated shelf life at room temperature
Note that these non-rechargeable lithium batteries (1.5 volts) have a different chemistry from rechargeable lithium ion batteries (3.6 volts)