Fireboy has designed the GA Series for OEM installations and custom aftermarket installations by certified installers.
This innovative, pre-engineered system is custom designed for your boat and can be installed in engine rooms from 1,600 to 3,000 cubic feet.
Each system requires twin extinguisher tanks with temperature sensors, flexible braided stainless steel hosing with two overhead temperature sensors, a fire resistant manual release cables, and engine shutdown controls.
The four temperature sensors monitor engine room temperature 24 hours a day.
If the engine room temperature reaches 175°F (79°C) at any of the 4 sensors, both cylinders discharge within a second of each other, flooding the entire compartment with HFC-227ea clean extinguishing agent, ensuring complete coverage.
• Simple and less costly compared to one-off engineered systems; no third party certification is required
• HFC-227ea Clean Agent leaves no residue; is approved for normally occupied areas, world-wide accepted clean agent with zero ozone depleting potential
• Unlike other systems, this entire system is continuously under pressure and is ready for instantaneous discharge without delay. A pressure drop anywhere in the system triggers both cylinders
• Exclusive, patent pending safety lock poppet valve eliminates accidental discharge during transport and installation
• Required system components, each sold separately:
• GA Extinguisher Cylinders (2 required), with temperature sensors and discharge manifold, are DOT and FM approved, and are powder coated red for identification and corrosion protection
• GA Link - allows custom positioning of 2 overhead discharge/sensors in precisely the correct location for the best fire detection. This sensor/hose assembly is the same price for all installations, and is custom designed from your engine room's dimensions and layout. The GA Link assembly consists of flexible braided 316 SS hosing with double check valve quick-connect couplings for easy attachment/re-attachment to the cylinder valves, and 2 integrated discharge/temperature sensors. See Related Products, below.
• Manual Discharge Cable is required and can be installed at the helm station or engine room exit door; for USCG inspected vessels, the MDC must be at the helm. An additional manual discharge cable may be installed at a second helm station and requires the use of an HT Dual Release Adapter. For a selection of these cables, see Related Products, High Temperature Manual Discharge Cables, below
• Automatic Engine Shutdown System (required for ALL engine types, including gasoline) automatically shut down engines, generators, blowers and dampers upon system discharge. 3, 5, or 8-circuit shutdowns are available in 12 VDC or 24/32 VDC models. See Related Products, below, for the accompanying "Automatic Engine Shutdown Systems" entry for a selection of compatible ES Series shutdown systems
• Factory refillable - except when the discharge is the result of a fire
• 3-year limited warranty
• Note: Due to their precision design, THESE SYSTEMS ARE SOLD TO AUTHORIZED INSTALLERS ONLY. Please contact Fisheries Supply for a list of certified installers, or information on how to become one; 206-632-4462, 800-426-6930