You can add an SSCV port to the outflow side of your engine's raw water strainer to allow instant emergency bilge pumping, or to simplify winterization and cooling system flushing via the integral quick-release plug. Any of these functions can then be performed without the need to shut off the seacock, which may be more difficult to reach.
• In a flooding emergency, while the engine is running, close the seacock and remove the quick-release plug. Excess bilge water can then be sucked in and pumped overboard by the engine raw water intake pump
• To use this system to pump out remote or deeper bilge locations, you can insert the adaptor of a Groco Bilge Strainer and Adaptor Kit (BSA) into the quick-release port to connect a length of hose
• For winterization, close the seacock, remove the quick release plug and insert the service adaptor (included) to attach a length of garden hose. Anti-freeze can then be sucked into the cooling system by the running engine
• For cooling system flushing, close the seacock and insert the service adaptor. Dockside water can be used to flush the cooling system with the engine running at idle speed
• Bronze full-flow valve is UL listed
• Designed so an open valve handle prevents accidental removal of the quick-release plug