Hydraulic Radial winches let you trim any size sail with the push of a button. Winches mount vertically and operate using waterproof switches located near the winch. A locking handle inserted into an unloaded winch automatically disconnects the motor gear for manual operation.
Existing manual Radial winches can easily be converted to hydraulic power - they have identical hole patterns and don’t require an adapter plate. Harken hydraulic motors attach to the central driveshaft and drive through the winch transmission gears for multi-speed mechanical advantage - the low power first gear for fast trimming, the higher power second (or third) gear for fine-tuning loaded sheets. This allows use of a smaller, more efficient hydraulic motor that saves both weight and cost.
• Available with lightweight aluminum winch drums
• Each winch requires 2-3 windlass-style control switches (1st gear/2nd gear/3rd gear; sold separately), which can be used to control both the hydraulic pump and/or the valve to the winch - depending on the type of hydraulic power source
• All hydraulic fittings are industry standard for ease of installation and service
• Composite roller bearings reduce friction under load and don't require lubrication
• Load-carrying gears and pins are 17-4PH stainless steel for strength and durability
• Maximum hydraulic pressure is 120 bar (1740 psi); winch speed will vary with flow rate, optimal is 15 lpm (4 gpm)
• Table: Height and Line Entry are height above deck; Depth is extension below deck