The Isotherm Compact Classic is an air cooled compressor unit designed for simple installation in existing top or side-loaded refrigerator boxes. It uses a Danfoss Compressor to cool an evaporator fitted in your refrigerator box. Air-cooling is a traditional way of removing heat with a condenser where air is blown through by a fan. It is important that the compressor compartment is ventilated so that cool air enters from below and hot air is allowed to escape above. The lower in the boat the compressor is installed the more the surrounding air is chilled by the outside water. Two styles of evaporator are used, round and flat. The evaporator can be fitted in any position, and requires an installation opening of only 1-3/16" in the refrigerator wall. The temperature is adjusted by a thermostat which also has an ON-OFF switch. These units provide refrigerator capability with temperatures down to 36°F; except model 2017 has freezer capabilitiy (to 7°F) for a separated chamber.
• All units come as complete pre-filled "do it yourself" kits
• Amperage shown is with refrigerator filled to one half capacity
• Cooling/venting fan included
• Evaporator: O-shaped; model 2017 is flat and can be bent to fit
• Compressor dimensions: 10.63"L x 6.31"W x 6.13"H (model 2017 is 12.44" long)
• Weight: 20 lbs. (except model 2017 is 26 lbs.)