Micron CF is an aluminum safe, copper free, multi-season antifouling that uses two biocides: Biolux® zinc pyrithione to combat weed growth and slime, and Econea® which specifically targets shell fouling such as barnacles and zebra mussels.
Like all ablative antifouling paints, Micron CF works best on boats that move. Like a bar of soap, ablative paints depend on moving water to erode the surface, exposing fresh biocide. The erosion process also polishes the surface and reduces paint build-up over time - reducing friction and improving fuel efficiency.
Micron CF is also a high solids formulation that is VOC compliant — for a more comfortable working environment and reduced emissions into the atmosphere.
Copper free Micron CF is one of Interlux's best offerings for aluminum hulled boats. It uses a more sophisticated synthetic resin technology than the popular Trilux 33 (also aluminum safe), and provides more consistent protection over the life of the paint.
• Suitable for all power and sail boats — including aluminum
• Sophisticated Micron family synthetic resin binders control the release of biocides so they last the lifetime of the paint
• Bright colors, including white, with reduced discoloration along the waterline
• Predictable performance - suitable for use in all waters
• Can haul and re-launch without re-painting
• No need to scrub
• Dual biocides: 3.9% Econea; 4.12% Biolux - Interlux's brand for zinc pyrithione (Zinc Omadine)
• No need to paint every year — paint lifespan depends on number of coats applied
• Durable coat, yet ablative property minimizes build-up
• VOC compliant
• Can be applied by brush, 3/8" solvent resistant roller, or spray
• Thinner: Special Thinner Y216
• Theoretical coverage is 518 ft²/gallon; 2 - 3 coats recommended, 3 on bare wood; 66% solids (vol.)
Heavy on the technical side...
When applying to an aluminum hull, Interlux recommends a thorough cleaning and degreasing with Solvent Wash 202, sanding with 40 to 60 grit sandpaper, priming with Interprotect 2000E thinned with Reducing Solvent 2316N (1 - 2 coats), and then applying 2 - 3 coats of Micron CF. See Related Products, below.
Refer to the Micron CF Technical Data Sheet for complete details and instructions.