Micron CSC HS is a high solids, low VOC version of Micron CSC - a copper-based, controlled solubility copolymer, ablative antifouling paint.
Like the rest of the Interlux Micron range, Micron CSC HS provides multi-season performance, reduced maintenance, and the ability to haul and re-launch without the need to repaint.
As with all ablative antifouling paints, Micron CSC HS works best on boats that move. Like a bar of soap, ablative paints depend on moving water to erode the surface, exposing fresh biocide.
Less copper...more protection. With its featured Controlled Solubility Copolymer chemistry, unlike some ablative paints, Micron CSC HS wears away at a more controlled rate while maintaining the design level of biocide at the surface - allowing the use of lower amounts of (expensive) copper without sacrificing effectiveness. Micron CSC HS provides excellent antifouling protection against all types of fouling.
Compared to original Micron CSC, this new Micron CSC HS has slightly less copper (33.4% vs. 37%) and is a high solids formulation (62% vs. 55%), which yields a thicker paint film, faster re-coat times, and fewer fumes.
Micron CSC HS dries to bright colors and can be used below the waterline in fresh, salt, or brackish waters. It can be used on fiberglass, wood, and properly primed steel hulls and parts. Do not use on aluminum.
• High build formulation for thicker paint film, and improved longevity and protection in high wear areas
• High in premium synthetic resins for good control of biocide release - makes very efficient use of the copper it contains
• Excellent antifouling performance in high fouling areas
• Ablative technology means reduced paint buildup and minimal sanding with repeated applications
• Haul and re-launch the following season without repainting
• Efficient copper release means reduced environmental impact
• Self-polishing yields smooth surface for optimal fuel efficiency
• Fast-drying formula
• VOC compliant formulation reduces solvent emissions into the air
• Suitable for high-speed boats
• Application: brush, 3/8" nap solvent resisitant roller, or spray
• Thinner: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433
• Theoretical coverage is 330 ft²/gallon; 2 - 3 coats minimum recommended, 3 on bare wood; 62% solids (vol.)