With a reputation for exceptional performance, Ultra with Biolux is a hard, epoxy-based, antifouling bottom paint with a high load of cuprous oxide (66%).
Its effectiveness is further improved with the addition of Biolux controlled release biocide technology to block slime and algae growth.
Ultra with Biolux is particularly intended for use in areas where there is a high level of shell and algae growth.
Its fast-dry formula allows you to paint and launch the same day.
While the popular ablative self-polishing and controlled release copolymers work great if your boat gets lots of use - so that surface layer gets continually washed off - if your boat actually just spends most of its time tied to the dock (be honest, now), then this is the paint to use. Ultra offers great, consistent protection, and at an extremely reasonable price for what it does.
Ultra is also an ideal choice for many sailboats, which - as slower vessels - may not be able to make the best use of ablative technologies.
• Excellent suitability for high fouling areas
• 66" cuprous oxide
• High solids, low VOC formulation
• Fast drying
• Suitable for high-speed boats
• Apply using brush, 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller, or spray
• Thinner: Brush-Ease 433; Special Thinner 216
• Theoretical coverage is 450 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended, 3 on bare wood; 62% solids (vol.)