The award-winning MD3183 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (Hydrostatic Inflator Technology) is Mustang Survival's top-of-the-line inflatable PFD.
This PFD provides excellent safety, is designed for use in severe weather, and requires minimal maintenance. It has a number of special features, including a soft, comfortable neoprene collar, an intuitive safety inspection window to check functionality, and the exclusive Hammar Hydrostatic Inflator. This pressure sensitive mechanism has been used in Europe for over 10 years and initiates inflation in only 4" of water; it is not sensitive to rain, spray, or humidity. The PFD will not inflate prematurely, but can be inflated manually by pulling the activation cord or by oral inflation tube, if necessary.
• 35 lbs. buoyancy when fully inflated
• MA1 1F auto hydrostatic inflator with manual backup; no maintenance required for 5 years, unless fired
• SecureZIP™ closure remains closed during rigorous activity and is easy to repack
• Heavy-duty coated nylon shell for increased durability
• Lightweight, comfortable and compact
• Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape
• User requirements: 16 years or older, 80+ lbs, 30 - 52" chest
• Model MD3183 is USCG Type II approved for recreational use; Type V on applicable commercial vessels, must be worn to meet requirements, call or see label for details
• Uses re-arm kit MA-7214