Recognizing that today's complex electronics devices are subject to finite service lives and random failures, and given that modern vessels are increasingly dependent on their electronics and electrical systems for safe operation, Newmar has introduced the Phase Three Modular (PTM) Battery Chargers.
These chargers incorporate redundant, independent, "plug and play" charger modules. A dead charger and dead batteries can disable a vessel, but with the PTM redundant charging system a fault in one of the modules is easily identified and it can be quickly replaced with an on-hand spare or an exchange unit from the factory, while the charging system continues to operate, although at a partially reduced output.
• Provides flexibility, reliability, field serviceability - eliminates or diminishes down-time
• 3 redundant, independent, charger modules - a malfunction of one does not disable the charging system; remaining modules continue to operate
• Field serviceable - all system connections are made to the case housing, the charger modules simply plug into bays in the case
• Three stage smart charging - bulk, absorption, float - for rapid, complete charging
• Battery type selector switch; gel-cell, lead-acid, AGM
• Temperature compensated output option
• Numerous diagnostic and system status indicators
• 12 volt, 33 - 100 amps; or 24 volt, 22 - 67 amps
• Universal voltage input of 90 - 264 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz - can be used anywhere in the world
• Battery capacity @ 12V: 80 - 400 Ah per installed module (240 - 1200 Ah per system)
• Battery capacity @ 24V: 40 - 200 Ah per installed module (120 - 600 Ah per system)
• Powder coated stainless steel case: 20.9"H x 10.9"W x 8.8"D
• Weight: Case = 16 lbs, Modules = 6 lbs. each